Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Please read carefully before agreeing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Leverage Lacrosse Program indicated below and/ or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
- The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below Leverage Lacrosse activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
- I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the lacrosse facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the Lacrosse event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the lacrosse facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
- (a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in lacrosse events and activities that could result in bodily injury
partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
- (b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be
- (c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
- (d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
Leverage Lacrosse Refund Policy
(Please read carefully before agreeing)
A lot of planning and financial commitments go into the setup of each season. Uniforms must be ordered, coaches hired, fields rented and teams setup. To keep these costs in line it is important that we be able to make timely arrangements with those people/organizations we work with. To do this we must ask our parents to help share the commitment to play.
The schedule of refunds is as follows:
- Before the first practice: 100%
- Before the first game: 50%
- After the first game of the season has begun: $0
- Leverage tournament team, camps and prospect camps registration fees are nonrefundable.
Request for refunds due to injury are granted on a case-by-case basis.